Students Learn From People They Lovehttps://www.lukeko.com/8/students-learn-from-people-they-love 0
Great article from NYT about "putting relationship quality at the center of education"
- Emotions assign value to things and tell you what to pay attention to, care about and remember
- Information is plentiful, but motivation is scarce
- Children learn from people they love, and love in this context means willing the good of another, and offering active care for the whole person
- face-to-face lessons with a tutor (versus over a video clip) where your social brain is activated through direct eye contact helps you learn much faster
- In good times and bad, good teachers and good students co-regulate each other