Open a Roth IRA for kidshttps://www.lukeko.com/8/open-a-roth-ira-for-kids 0
- vanguard custodial account seems best
- call vanguard at 800-962-5030
- ask representative to email (or send to secure messages) paperwork to start a "Minor Roth" (this isn't available on Vanguard's website to download)
- print pages 13 of 94 - 30 of 94, fill it out, and mail it
- once account is opened, your kid/minor can sign up for access (so she can see her balance and performance) by clicking on "Sign up for access" under the vanguard signin page
"open a Vanguard Roth IRA for a minor with a minimum of $1,000 and invest in a variety of mutual funds. For a teen’s IRA, Vanguard spokesman John Woerth recommends Vanguard’s Target Retirement Funds, a broadly diversified portfolio of four to five low-cost index funds based on your investing time frame.
A minor with less than $1,000 to invest can open a brokerage IRA at Vanguard and invest in stocks or exchange-traded funds. Vanguard usually charges a $20 annual fee for accounts with less than $10,000, but it waives the fee if you sign up for electronic delivery of statements, confirmations and other documents"